College Admissions Workshop Series
CLRC is partnering with Ascent College Consulting to help our families navigate the college admissions process. Choosing, applying, and seeking financial aid for college are an important part of the high school years and we’re in conversation with veteran college admissions counselor, Alison Westerlind, and Jeff Rickey, experienced admissions and financial aid dean and vice president. Alison has helped hundreds of families identify the colleges and universities most suited to their personal priorities and goals, and to save thousands of dollars getting there. Jeff has admitted and aided thousands of students.
We are considering a series of 7-8 webinars beginning with:
This 75-minute introductory session will include important timelines for colleges admissions, testing information, important terminology to know, how to start the college search process, and a brief overview of application information and basics of financial aid. This workshop will be held September 16th at 4:00 p.m. PT.
The workshop will include an open Q&A time. If we run short on time, any questions not addressed during the workshop will receive personal follow-up from the Ascent College Consulting staff.
This introductory workshop is open to 11th and 12th grade students and their parents.
Date: September 16th, 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time
Grade Level: 11th & 12th
- $50 for CLRC Families (registered for at least one CLRC course)
- $100 for non CLRC Families
Fall 2020 Registration for this Course Opens on February 27.
“REGISTER” buttons for 2018-2019 will become active on 7 February 2018.
Potential future workshop topics:
- Financial Aid Night - Detailed information about the financial aid process, including resources for scholarships, will be covered. Families will leave with an understanding of the timeline for financial aid and questions to ask financial aid offices at colleges and universities.
- 5 Must-Dos in Your Senior Year - This program designed for juniors in their spring semester will include timelines for college applications, considerations for essays, and important reminders for the senior year.
- The College Essay - Students will get an introduction to the college essay, start brainstorming essay topics, participate in a discussion about the Common Application essay prompts, and come away with an understanding of how admissions offices evaluate essays.
- How to Navigate the College Search (visiting colleges, interviewing, etc)
- Determining Your Best Fit (a deep dive into different types of colleges)
- College Testing Basics
- Resume Overview
- Case Studies (students become the admissions director!)