Want to learn how to read a script, storyboard a script, or write your own script? This class was made for you!
Film Narrative is an entry level course that will provide students with a fundamental understanding of screenwriting and storyboarding. Student will be introduced to the basics of film analysis, cinematic elements, script formation, and narrative structure. Students will develop skills in reading scripts, and bringing their own story to the screen.
Students will be studying clips from their favorite movies, as well as dissecting the full script The Chronicles of Narnia; The Lion, The Witch, & The Wardrobe. By the end of the semester, students will be equipped to put their own story into script and storyboard format. The next step, of course, is filming their own stories, but that is another class for another semester!
- Learn how to read a screenplay (abbreviations, formatting, structure)
- Screen-write your favorite movie clips
- The basics of storyboarding
- Storyboarding screenplay samples (blocking)
- Study The Chronicles of Narnia script and watch movie afterwards
- Create a mini story/scene in script format