Marvel Movies and Art
This art-integrated course is for students who are excited for the excuse to watch each of the Marvel Movies (in order) with the intention of responding artistically to each of the movies.
Purpose Driven Art ROCKS! -
A course that is FUN for the entire family!
- Share visual journal entries and projects from the previous week and connections with the assigned movie.
- Share their review of the movie.
- Share “Wishes and Stars” regarding their artwork.
- Short drawing assignment.
- Introduction to the new movie of the week.
- Introduction to the new artist of the week.
- Discussion on art project ideas. - Students may choose their mediums or try out the style of the artist of the week.
- Q/A Time
- Watch the assigned movie.
- Keep a Visual Journal with at least one entry per week.
- Complete short drawing assignment
- Choose one part of the movie to respond to artistically.
- Create an artistic response and post it to the classroom Padlet with a short explanation of the connection to the movie.
- Give yourself “A Wish and Two Stars” - (One thing you wish you had done differently, two things that you love about your project.)
- Give someone else a star.
- Be sure to post your work on the classroom Padlet the day BEFORE your class.
- Students are encouraged to enjoy watching movies with an artistic intent.
- Students learn to make artistic decisions and are taught to defend them.
- Students are encouraged to create strong portfolios for themselves by either digging into one artistic medium/book or experimenting with a variety of artistic mediums based on the artist of the week, or their own desires.
- Students practice responding to their own artwork.
- Students practice responding kindly to others' artwork.
- Students learn and practice the art of visual journaling.
- Students may collaborate or “converse” with other students in the class on the classroom Padlet.
- Together we have a lot of fun learning and growing while building an artistic community of like minded students.
- Students have the opportunity to be invited to join the Building Brilliant Minds Chapter of the National Art Honor Society for the following year.
Students will need access to all 30 of the Marvel Movies. (A Disney Streaming Subscription, DVDs etc..),
A water color journal for visual journaling,
Their choice of art materials,